Saturday, December 1, 2007

Ghost is Back


The most consistent man in hip hop is back with his 7th solo release. The Big Doe Rehab is full of Wu family collabos (featuring Raekwon, Method Man, Cappadonna, U-God and Masta Killa) and Ghost's own Theodore Unit. This album features production from LV & Sean C. from Diddy's production team, The Hitmen - who also worked on Jay-Z's American Gangster record.

Ghost fails to disappoint in his solo efforts, especially this one. This is some real Ghost shit with a touch of soul and real talk. This comes out December 4th, the same day as a book entitled The World According to Pretty Toney based on a previous series of Ghostface MTV2 appearances.

In other Ghost news:

Ghostface Killa (aka Pretty Toney, aka Iron Man, aka Tony Starks) is in Iron Man! He talks to MTV about his small role in next summer's Iron Man:

"I jumped in there for maybe 12 or 16 bars, nothing too major," Ghost downplayed before describing his scene with the film's star. "It was a good look for the kid because Robert Downey Jr. recognized me as soon as I seen him. He was like, 'Yo, Tony!' ... For him to recognize me, I was kinda surprised by that. I didn't know he even knew about the kid. ... We called each other Tony onscreen. I'm like, 'Tony Stark, I got your jet, I didn't mess it up.' He was like, 'I got the Bentley for you, I laced it up.' I had two girls with me, I was like, 'That's you [pointing toward the girls].' I sent two birds at him. It was a wrap for that scene. He's a cool dude and funny. Big up to Robert Downey Jr.

It's good to see Pretty Tone getting love from Hollywood.

No comments: