Saturday, December 29, 2007

Not Down With: 2007

24


Season six of 24 was weak this year. And I mean WEAK! The writing was so off, Jack Bauer doesn't make mistakes...Never has in the 5 days we know him in. He made too many in this season. I tried justifying its suckiness by him being tortured in China for months, but it still didn't save the season. I almost gave up on it. The best part about Day Six was when it ended.


Movies

I'm sure people could argue this point with me, but movies totally blew this year. I didn't see a good movie that came out in 2007 at all. I mean the summer blockbusters were a sad bunch, and all the hype for the third installments for big franchises fell through. Spider-Man 3 was horrible, Pirates 3 had me lost the whole time, and that Bourne movie was so shitty - haven't we all seen the same story before? There were a few good ones, like The Darjeeling Limited and Superbad...and uh... I dunno, some others I guess.



Maybe I just saw all the crappy ones...


The Kick Game


I was big into street fashion and sneaker culture but after the events of 2007, it was enough to call it quits. For months, I was waiting for the nice pair... I'm still waiting. The kick game sucked big time this year! Nothing nice came out, there wasn't even the 'it' shoe this year for everyone to be hyped about. I used to want to have the freshest pair, now I just don't care.

A sad year for sneaker culture.

No comments: