Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Southland Tales

"I am a pimp, and pimps don't commit suicide." - uh huh...

Sarah Michelle Gellar always seems to play the overly sexual character in all her film roles.

From the twisted mind of Richard Kelly comes Southland Tales: the movie that stars a random selection of... pretty much everyone you wouldn't expect to see in a movie together and really, makes absolutely no sense. Kelly is the director behind Donnie Darko so you can see where I'm coming from here.

Ladies love JT, even when he's got a nasty scar and is covered in gore.

I'd love to give you a synopsis but I really don't know where to start. I still don't know what to make of this movie, but it comes out on DVD today so I think I'll do a much needed re-watch. Although it got really bad reviews from everyone under the sun (including at Cannes), it's worth checking out what all the fuss is about... that is, if you have 2 and a half hours to spare.

The Rock - who was the breakout star of this film - and Sean Williams Scott

Holler at JE for recommending this one... I think?

No comments: