Friday, March 14, 2008

Copping a feel: An introspective look into the Blog Odyssey

As you can see, the Blog Odyssey is still flying - despite the lack of entries as of late. I frequent many blogs on the internet and have noticed that most of them have a particular focus, like exclusively clothing, or celebrity gossip, or wine. I'm at over 100 posts thus far and I'm still trying to find a niche it seems. Not consciously, of course, but it just occurred to me that there is no focus - it's just all over the place. Do I need to have a particular focus? Or can it just be about shit I think is cool?

My interests span across all types of different mediums and Blodyssey shows that as it offers a glimpse into my twisted mind. Maybe I'm just still feeling around, seeing what fits and what doesn't, or what feels right to me. It could develop into some sort of focus, as it is still in its infancy stages... Who knows... I think its sole purpose is to just feed my ever-expanding ego.

I've seen a few blogs out there on the world wide web that are about extremely unrelated things: like the combination of comic books and basketball. I mean, I dig both, but they are the similar like the sun and moon. If I were just into one of those things, I probably wouldn't read that blog - I actually think it's a horrible combination and I refuse to read that particular blog anyways. Could it be said lack of focus is the reason why readership is low?

The strength of the Blog Odyssey is that you get everything all in one place. One-stop shopping, like a big box store! It's the Wal-Mart of blogs - wait, is that a good thing??

Nevertheless, it's efficient and isn't efficiency what we all really strive for?

1 comment:

Isabel said...

Of course there's a theme! It's all stuff you are interested in/like. And that's theme enough. Or it's pop culture...