Tuesday, March 18, 2008

BBC Essential Mix 03.14.08


I can't believe it's March and I haven't written about an Essential Mix all year! Oh wait, I did... It was Hot Chip's a few weeks back - I guess there really hasn't been many stand out mixes this year. On the topic of Hot Chip, this week's mix is from a Detroit-based DJ who opened for them on their UK stretch of their tour, Matthew Dear aka Audion, aka Jabberjaw, aka False. This guy has a lot of aliases and with that, a lot of different sounds spanning through different genres of electronic music - even inventing a few. This mix, he appears as Audion, and offers a minimalistic techno sound. You have until Friday to check it out. Get on it.

He is set to play Circa on Friday April 11th but I'm not sure if he will be spinning or actually performing with a band.

No comments: