Sunday, January 13, 2008

Why I'm Mad

Sucks that my first entry of '08 has to be a negative one, because this year has been pretty good so far! Also sucks that I have to start my first entry of the year with the word 'sucks.' But there are few things rubbing me the wrong way as of late. I will use this opportunity to vent.

1. Dell

Right now, I'm using my desktop PC instead of my laptop because of it's recent crash. It crashed on December 26th and it is still out of commission. I've spoke to Dell a dozen times but it's still not fixed. These people tell me they will call me back to help me some more but they never do!! I can't call another person because they don't know what the issue is or what has been done so far!

2. Photos on my mobile

Related to the computer issue, is my cellphone (which doubles as a camera) and how it cannot connect through USB to upload my files. I came on originally to update with photos I took last night but the USB is not working on it!


3. The Amazing Spider-Man: One More Day & Brand New Day

After the events in Civil War involving Spider-Man, a whole can of problems opened up. Peter Parker unmasked himself to the world, didn't he think this would compromise his life? The result was, him being sued by the Daily Bugle for all those photos he's taken of his alter ego for years, and Aunt May getting shot. So, in order to save her, he makes a deal with Mephisto (the Marvel equivalent of the devil) to erase everything that has happened and start again. This would cost him his wife, Mary Jane, but now Peter is 30, living with his now healthy Aunt May. They retconned the retcon and now Spidey is back the way was since the late sixties. Pretty lame. I guess they see all the mistakes they've made with Spider-Man these past few decades and erased all of it, taking the character back to his basics. They already have Ultimate Spider-Man for that. Now he's a 30 year old slacker living with his Aunt. I thought Spidey was ruined before... This makes it so much worse.

4. DHL Express

So I ended up buying those Andy Warhol x Levis jeans because I found my size on the internet. Buying them was easy, but receiving them is a whole other story. This courier DHL delivered it to my house twice but I couldn't receive it because I wasn't home and went to work early. Now I have to wait 5 days to pick it up at their head office which is in the middle of nowhere!!! Ugh! All this for a pair of pants. They could have tried again on Monday! Geez!


5. Uffie

Some genius scheduled Uffie (w/ Steve Aoki) for a Sunday night at the Tattoo Rock Parlour in Toronto. It'd be cool to go to for sure, because when will you get to see Uffie pop her glock in town ever? Why would anyone schedule a show on a Sunday. Maybe I'm Lame (yes, with a capital 'L') for not going out on a Sunday night, but isn't that normal?

6. Sleeping

I seem to be missing out on life because I can't wake up in the morning. I don't like waking up, so what! Is that a sign of a depressed person? I don't feel depressed! I just don't look forward to the long commutes to school so early in the morning. It's too cold! It's too dark! And my bed is so warm and nice.

Pointless, I know, but I need to get something on here until I can get my camera working!

No comments: